3.13.2008

My Favorites

OK so I got this idea from Kristen. I thought it might be fun to list some of my favorites, because is was fun to read Kristen's.

My favorite season is summer. I cant think of anything I don't like about it. I love the sun, the heat, just everything.
Some of the best things to do in the summer:
1- Work in the yard. If Jeff sees I have had it with the kids he sends me out to be with my flowers. I love my roses and I cant wait to get pruning.
2- Swimming with my kids. I love to see them in their swim suites and smell the suntan lotion on their little bodies. So if anyone wants to join us this summer for a swim we are always up for a day at the pool. In case you are wondering here are some of our favorite pools are Murray, Kearns, Taylorsville, and Lava Hot Springs.
3-The Fourth of July. I usually host the BBQ and I love it. We fire up the grills, my mom makes homemade ice cream, and we have our own fireworks out on the street. If Jim and Kate come up I can guarantee the best show ever.
Those are just three of the best, if you have anything to add please do so.

American Idol. I wasn't into last season and I had forgotten how much I love it. I don't know if it is because I secretly wanted to try out (I am now to old how sad is that), or if it is just the suspense of seeing who will make it. My favorites this year are David Cook and the girl from Mesa I think her name is Brooke, and I call myself a fan. I cant wait for Tuesday nights. As much as I hate to admit it, it was hard for me to go to the temple this past week and miss it.

Josh Groban, am I huge nerd or what? I could listen to him sing all day. I have gone to both his concerts here and they have were the best.

I like to cook, but I love to go out to dinner. I am trying to love eating at home and just like eating out but I haven't yet achieved this. We have been lucky enough to have Jeff's work foot the bill on several occasions so I have eaten at places we would never go. If you get the chance Flemings in the Gateway is fab. I am not a fan of creamed spinach but I could have eaten bowl after bowl. Thanks Jeff's work for letting me eat some great food.

Disneyland with my kids. I went last year without them and it was hard to have a good time. All I could do was think about how much fun my kids would have riding that ride or seeing that character. We took them two and half years ago and it was the best trip to the D-land I have ever had. I rode Dumbo six times, Small World four times and was running to see the next princess.

It is late and I am tired. I am going to give this some more thought and add to it as time goes on. Thanks for putting up with my rambling I hope it was somewhat readable.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Loved it! We'll go swimming with you any time...it is one of my favorites too!

Matt Baker said...

ummm. There must be something wrong? I didn't see my name on that list anywhere?
matt?

Anonymous said...

How fun!! It's always fun to learn new things about your friends. Let's hang in the heat during our favorite season!

Alesha said...

Somewhat readable? I loved it! I am also a huge fan of summer, everything about it is my fav too! I am sad I wont be there for your 4th of July BBQ! (dont you feel like all my posts say I am sad about missing something...time to move home!) Ü

Alesha said...

You know...not to commit myself to anything, but I actually think the time we spent with your kids was easier than this??? Maybe it is an age thing. I am always happy to watch your kids. They are like angels!

Anonymous said...

Kirst. I loved that. That was "somewhat" enjoyable. Just teasing...it was way fun to read. I am always so excited for a new post...however if you have checked my blog lately I have not done anything. Need to find time to do it. Love Josh, summer, your 4th party...and can't wait until we can go to D-land with you guys some day. love ya!!!

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

I know what you mean about kids maing it magic, Scott and I love being with kids at Disneyland. It makes the whole place come alive. Plus I don't look as silly doing the kids stuff:)

Shannon said...

What a fun blog!! I loved it. I can just hear you writing it. You are a summer gal. I love summer too but not the hot sun and not the gardening. Yeah for Lava and Yeah for Disneyland. I love those places too. You are a great cook and a great mother and wife love having you a part of our family can't wait to see ya'll. How about this weekend sometime.