3.18.2008

A Bad Mom?

I love my kids, they are my life. With that being said, I am so glad when eight o'clock rolls around and I send them off to bed. Tonight however, I am feeling extra guilty about sending them off to bed. Do you ever have nights when you have just had enough, and if you don't get them to bed you are going to loose your mind? If Jeff were here he would have read scriptures with them and said prayers, I didn't do this tonight and I feel like a bad mom.

I am putting this post out their in hopes that some of you moms have had these same feelings, and I am not alone.

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You are definitley not alone!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've only got one, and I feel that way sometimes!! You're doing GREAT!!

Anonymous said...

Kirst, you know i feel like that almost every night, especially since Bryan is usually not here. We have a new 7:00 bed time and it has been fab. I never thought my kids would go for it, but it is working. You are an example to me! you are a great mom!

Jenifer said...

Ummmm, I feel like that every night. I think 8:00 is what gets all moms through their days. And while you are feeling bad about yourself, your kids are happy and they have no idea. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Beth said...

So maybe someday I will be sane and get my kids in bed by 8:00. I have heard that school helps with that. I am crazy by 9:00 and ready to throw them out the window by 9:30. You are not alone!

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

Moms are way to hard on themselves! You are an awesome mom and your kids are lucky to have a home where the spirit is strong and you are teaching them who they are. It is the HARDEST job in the whole world no way a man could pull it off. I love men but really women have somethign special from God to be the moms. When I take my family kids I feel like I am going mad after a few days and I love them. Hang in there and give yourself a big hug you are awesome!!! I think the evening hours are the witching hours for poor mom- the kids go nuts and the day takes it toll. Lovies, Missy

Nathan W said...

Next time try the sleeper hold, It always puts 'em right out for me. Seriously being a mom is tough. Don't sweat it, you're doing great!

Alesha said...

Kirst are ya serious? I feel like sometimes I am putting Ko to bed at like 7 on the dot, no stories, lucky if theres a prayer! And I have on child. haha! I can only imagine when I have 3! YIKES!

Giron Family said...

I feel ya Kirst! Everything I do or don't do makes me feel guilty in reguards to my kids. I like what Elizabeth Hasselback (from The View) said,"When the doctor took my baby out of me I swear someone reached up me and put guilt in her place." So the truth. Why is that???

kelly said...

I linked to you from the Baker's just now, and I just wanted to tell you that I have three boys that drive me nuts every day and I usually start looking at the clock around 4:30 counting down the minutes till bed time.
I don't think it means you are a bad mom. Just human.

Matt Baker said...

No, you are not a bad mom, but you ARE a fabulous cook! Thanks again for the terrific Sunday dinner!

Kami said...

My kids are little devils when it comes to sleep. Every night I have to start formulating a plan so I don't lose my mind before they are unconscience. I never knew I was supposed to feel guilty about that. Crap...now I have years of guilt back issues. Thanks a lot! :)