

Today we celebrated Grandmas 85th birthday. It was tons of fun. We went to The Cowboy Grub (Grandmas favorite resturant) and had lunch. I am so greatful for my grandma and the time we have spent together. She is one of my best friends and I love her. I have so many fond memories of my grandma so I thought I would share some of the best.
Summer time at my grandma's house. We sit on the back porch with a rootbeer float and watch the kids play in the sprinklers.
The smell of her house.
Her stories of when she was raising children. I love to imagine her as a young mother.
Her homemade bread. I have never eaten any better.
Having a sleep over at her house with my kids.
I cant begin to list all of my memories. I have been blessed to have her in my life.
I love you grandma and I treasure our time together. Thank you for all you have done for me. I hope we make many more memories.

8 comments:
Ahhhhh Lucille... What a great woman. Kirst I was seriously crying through that little tribue. You are so cute. Even though I have only been around your grandma maybe two handfuls of times I think she is wonderful too... you are so lucky to have her for a grandma and a friend.
So fun! I didn't know Lucy was named after her great-grandma. Can't beat lunch at Cowboy Grub either ... yum!
Kirst you are such a sweet granddaughter I know just how you feel about your grandmother because I feel the same about mine. She was so great I wish you could have known her. I hope my grandchildren will have fond memories of me someday as well love ya
I love it!! I am so glad you have a blog, I am adding you IMMEDIATELY to my "must check blog list" even though I see you all the time! You and your kids are definitely some of my favorite people! And how cute is grams! Yeah for another birthday for grandma! :) I think the story of crazy little Frank with the beads is one of my favorite entries I've read on a blog. That kid. What a character!
I am so glad you have a blog...I'll definately be chacking back often!
Awe grandma Lu! (however you spell it!) she is so cute! You do have a lot of great memories with her, you are very lucky!
You're lucky to be so close to our Grandma. I wish I had one that I was buddy buddy with. Love them all (I have three) but I am defintly not as close as you two are. Such good memories for you kids too.
I just wanted to second the notion on the smell of Grandma's house and her bread. You can't beat either of them!
Post a Comment