I spent the entire day doing laundry. Its not a choir I mind, in fact folding clothes is one of my favorite things. I love to smell each towel before I fold it (I know a little weird), I like the stacks of clean clothes waiting to be put in their respective places, and my favorite is the thirty seconds all the hampers in the house are empty. With all that being said, I am just about ready to got out of my mind if I have to do another load of laundry. Let me elaborate....
Since June of last year I have had a leaky washer. It is not the machine itself, it is the drain that the washer goes into. Every time I hear that the load is going to drain I have to run to catch it. When I get to the washer I then have to turn it off and on so only a little bit of water drains at a time. There have been plenty of occasions I have missed this and I end up with water all over my floor. I usually swear and hope my kids don't hear, then proceed to pull the dryer out and mop up the mess. I guess this wouldn't be so bad if my laundry wasn't in my kitchen and the water from many spills hadn't ruined my flooring.
I know I should be grateful that I have a washer and dryer and that I don't have to wash my clothes in a creek. But I am getting tired of leaving my house and 10 minuets out thinking D@#N I forgot to turn the washer off before I left the house.
7 comments:
Way to go on the laundry! That is such a great feeling to have it all done, if only for a short time! My dishwasher in Utah broke and wouldn't fill with water, so we had to fill it by hand everytime it needed it :) but I was so grateful not to wash them by hand!
I totally laughed when I read "usually I swear and hope my kids dont hear" haha thats hilarious! I am sorry that is obnoxious!
I think having to remember you're doing laundry while doing it is definitely worth a little @#$^*! now and then. I can't ever remember I'm doing it and usually end up rewashing at least one load because I let it sit in the washer for a day or two and get stinky! Good luck with that.
Kirstie-
It's time to fix the washer. You may have to start and use your mean voice with a few swear words. Your kids will tell Jeff when he gets home that he has to fix the washer. Mom's loosing it!
I agree with Mandy...sounds like you are past due for new...or fixed. I have been cracking up at your posts as of late...you are a funny gal. Congrats on the finished laundry...Guess I better get mine done, if I am going to come up there for the weekend. P.s. lets get the kids together if you have a spare moment over the weekend.
I'm sorry that you have to work hard at something that should be so easy. I'm glad that you like to do the wash otherwise it could be a swearfest!
will you tell Jeffy to get that thing fixed! sheesh! I'd make him do his own laundry with the water on the floor next time it over flows!
what's he doing anyway?
(oh that's right he's Bishop) HEE hee.. huum... this is awkward..
nice story Kirst.
VOTE QUIMBY!
Post a Comment