5.04.2008

The Things I Say

We went to Price this weekend and we had a lot of fun. Bryan and Lynae's house is beautiful and I am so happy for them.

Anyway, Nae and I were having a conversation about the things we say during the day that we wouldn't have to say if we had any other job besides mothering. I hope she doesn't mind that I am blogging this but I thought I would start my own list of things I say in the course of a day.

#1 This first one isn't necessarily a phrase, but I repeat myself to Frankie about 100 times a day. Any of you who have been around us know, either Frank is hard of hearing or he chooses not to hear me. For example.......
Me: Frank go get your shoes.
Frank: What you say mom?
Me: GO GET YOUR SHOES!
Frank: What you say mom?
Me: Get your shoes or I will spank your bum.
Frank: OH my shoes, ok mom.

#2 This phrase is also to Frankie. Frank get your hands out of your pants. Then it is a repeat of #1.

#3 Get your finger out of your nose. This is said to all three of my kids at some point during the day.

#4 This one I dont mind. I call each of them one of these names at some point during the day; sweet pea, sugar, baby, peanut, cutie. If I called co-workers at a regular job these names I would be the crazy lady at the office.

#5 How did you get (put a food stain here) we just put that shirt on.

#6 You need to put some clothes on no one likes to look at your naked bum. (Ok I might looking at thier cute buns but I have to teach them you cant run around naked.)

This is only six of I am sure many things. What do you say?

10 comments:

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

Where are your shoes Isaac?
Alex did you clean your room?
You're going to sit there until you eat your dinner.
WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!!! GET IN THE CAR!!

Glad to know I'm not the only one.
Jenny

Matt Baker said...

Now that was a funny post...

Anonymous said...

Don't stick that in your mouth.
Don't step in that.
No more whining...
Wanna go poop in the potty?
etc. etc. etc.

All of which I would never say to a co-worker!! (Well...maybe the last one!)

Fun post!

Giron Family said...

Cute idea Kirst! And funny.
I'm ALWAYS saying "If you say poop one more time you get soap in your mouth" (that's to Madi) and "Wipe your own bum"(to Madi too) "Quit pinching" (Madi as well). I'm also constantly saying "Lets be nice". And that one I have had to say to a co worker. There are some co worker you do have to treat like children unfortunatly!
ps. I'm so glad I'm not the only one with nose pickers! Usually I'm also saying "NO, No don't eat that!" Ick!

Anonymous said...

I am seriously cracking up at your awesome post and everyone's comments...so to this I add:
"Claire stop hitting your sister!"
"Please stop touching your bum"
"Where are you panties?"
once again...many many things I can't believe I hear myself say on a daily basis....thanks so much for coming down we loved having you and can't wait for you to come again. love ya! Oh and I love your background it looks sooooo gooooood!

Alesha said...

Oh I can not wait to see Frank. The things you pic on here crack me up! I feel like I am constantly telling Ko "You are so wierd" cause he is always doing the most bizzare things.

Jenifer said...

So funny. What you say mom? I always tell Sam, "If you miss the bus...." I don't know what will happen, but I like the empty threat.

Cooper Family said...

Flush and wash? Let me smell.

Shannon said...

Oh how funny, all the comments are cracking me up. I tried to think of some of the ones I say each day to Whitt. They arn't nearly as funny but I will keep track for a few days and see just what I say to him. Great post Kirst, we did have a fun time in Cleveland. We just got a newletter for a John Lovell reunion in Oak City on Sat. June 21st I believe. Maybe we should all go. What do ya think?

Karen and Guy Standing said...

Unfortunately I HAVE said "Get your hands out of your pants" at work. I love your new background.