I am head over heels in love with this kid.
He is by far the most different of my children.
I try to keep him clean, but he is just one of those kids that no matter what you do he is always little bit messy.
He is also not much of a bath lover. He and I have an understanding that if I can't remember the last day he had a bath, then its time to fill up the tub.
Well Monday just happened to be one of the days that I was pretty sure it was bath day for Frank.
We were having a lazy summer morning that day, when panic struck and I remembered we had doctors appointments. I ran around like a mad women barking at the kids to get dressed, brush your hair, wash your hands.
We made it to the doctors on time and I was relieved. Things were going great. We did the usual pre-checkup things like getting weighed, checking height, answering questions and getting undressed.
We then waited for the doctor and Frank played with the toys and doctors spinny stool. That's when I saw it.......a HUGE skid on the bum of Franks underpants. I was mortified. What was the doctor going to think?
I decided to play it honest. I told her I had forgotten our appointments this morning and we didn't have time for bathes. I didn't specifically mention the skid hoping this was enough of an explanation. She probably understood the no bath but I am sure she thought "at least have him change his underwear."
I now find this story very amusing and I laugh every time I think about it. I am not so sure the doctor thinks it is as funny as I do.
5 comments:
nice one! I can totally hear you laughing right now, it's a great laugh and I'm just happy I can still remember it. love you
That is hilarious!! I'm sure pediatricians see "crap" like that all the time!
I am totally laughing out loud right now all the way over here in Ann Arbor, Michigan!
Did I mention how happy I am that you are blogging again? The world is gonna need to remember stories like this one!
Okay that is seriously so funny Kirst. Well you could be sitting in Sacrament and get a wiff of Pee from your 4 year old that you just gave a bath the night before. What to do???
Great laugh I love that kid too. He just makes me smile to think of him.
Post a Comment