A friend who has been away for awhile came back for a visit today. She has been gone for a little over a year and I was shocked when she showed up. She has stayed away before and each time she comes back I find myself surprised at how quickly her absence seems to go by.
We have been friends for twenty years and I have grown accustom to her. Although accustom to her she always seems to find the most inconvenient times to drop by. It seems like whenever I have a vacation, holiday or party I am looking forward to she feels like she needs to drop by and say hello, keeping me from really enjoying myself.
I remember as a teenager being so embarrassed by her. I HATED her visits. I was always watching my back to make sure she wasn't following me too closely, because I didn't want anyone to know she was with me.
As time has pasted I have become less embarrassed by her. I don't hate her anymore I am mostly annoyed by her. She is one of those awkward friends that you don't quite know what to do with. You try to make the most of her visits but she makes you uncomfortable and grouchy.
Don't get me wrong, there have been times when I thought she had been gone for too long. I was glad when she finally decided to stop by, and I am afraid that if she decides to stay away again I might just go crazy.
Time is going to pass and one day she will not want to visit me anymore. I think I will miss her but I cant say for sure. As for now, I will wait for her return every twenty eight days.
3 comments:
OY...my friend arrived a few weeks ago. I thought I had more time! but i'm finding that I am lucky to have not seen her for this long
That is clever!!! I kept thinking, is it ME?!!!!
Oh kirst...that is the worst! I never get a long enough break, what is up with these people that get to go a year with out??? Not me ugh! I know this is silly but I think I have just realized in the past year that PMS is a real thing...I went so long with out a pattern to actually understand what people are talking about...watch out 2 day's before because I am a beast to say the least!
Post a Comment