7.01.2009

Lunch Time Mayhem!

Lucy, Frankie, Lydia, and I met Mandy today at Fashion Place Mall to return some items and of course go shopping. We ended our day of mall fun in the food court for some lunch. As we stroll down the food court I ask the kids if they want Chick-fil-a which is what I wanted. They both tell me NO! I ask Lucy do you want a Hot Dog on a Stick, NO! She tells me she want Orange chicken from Panda. We make our way to Panda. There are four guys working behind the counter but apparently George is the only one who can take orders and cashier. So I wait as three people order and pay.

Next Frankie wants Hot Dog on a Stick. I make my way down to that end of the food court. There are three people ahead of me there as well. I wait as one girl takes the orders, batters the hot dogs, and places them in the deep fryer. Yeah I finally get my dog.

I make my way to Chick-fil-a (hey that rhymes). I order my number one combo and have it in a matter of two minutes. Another reason I love the Fil-A, delish and speedy!

I return to the table with my hot dog and combo meal just as Mandy is finishing her number one combo and has to leave. Bummer! Just as I get ready to eat my wonderful chicken sandwich Lucy informs me her orange chicken is too spicy. I give her my fries. Frankie then wants a taste of my chicken. He like that better than his hot dog. I break the chicken breast into strips so he can eat it with his hands. Lucy the sees that Frankie doesn't want his hot dog and asks if she can have that. I am now stuck eating orange chicken.

Moral of the story, just choose where you want to eat and make your kids eat there too, or just avoid the mall food court and go home to PB&Js.

5 comments:

Gina said...

I had to laugh reading this post! That is so funny and so the way thay things always go. Kade always insists on getting something and then ends up wanting mine.

Kate said...

HA! you are too funny, what a great post...and sad all at the same time. Did lyds get what she wanted as least?

Anonymous said...

isn't that the way it goes for a mom...always the last to eat and always eating something you didn't really want...ahhh sad! The only thing that would have made it better is if Lydia needed to eat at the same time too eh?

Gina said...

The glamour of bieng a mom! :) Except Ethan would have eatin his then asked me for mine! :)

Cory Reese said...

What I wouldn't give for some Hot Dog On A Stick artery-clogging goodness. I wish we had one close by.