I know I know, I haven't posted anything about the new addition to our family. Well here are some pics of our cute Lydia and the story of her birth........
I was due April 6th. I went to my normal doctors appointment on March 31st to discover I had elevated blood pressure. It was high enough and I was close enough to my due date that the doctor decided it was time to have this baby. We decided that since the next day was April fools day we would hold off until the second. I left the office with instructions to go home and take it easy for the next day and a half, and I did.

Thursday morning rolls around and I am a nervous wreck. I have never been induced with any of my other kids so this is all new to me. I call the hospital at 7 am as instructed by the doctor only to be told by the nurse to call back in 30 minutes. I anxiously find things to do to pass the time. At exactly 7:30 I call the hospital and am told to come on in.
Jeff was going to take the kids to school and then come to the hospital so my mom comes and picks me up. We get to the hospital, I am shown my room and begin the process of labor induction. I am having contractions on my own so they give me only a small dose of pitosin. My nurse informs me that if I want an epidural I might as well have it before the pain gets too bad and we have to want for the doctor. I agree and I get the epidural from the nicest anaesthesiologist. So wonderful.
Things begin to move rather quickly. I started to feel some pain so the doc comes back in to give me a little "boost" of pain medication. This only works on one side but it was a little relief. Shortly after his visit I begin to feel pressure, this baby is coming! They call in Doctor Later, they set up the bed, I turn over, and the baby is born. No pushing required. SWEET!
Jeff tells me we have a girl, and Doctor Later shows her to me. She is handed off to the nursery nurse, worked on in the room for a few minutes and then rushed out to the nursery. I am told she isn't breathing well and that she needs help. I am then told she is being transported to Primary Childrens. I don't remember much more than that because I was so emotional.
The next thing I know the transport team is at the hospital and ready to take my brand new baby away. I am crying, my mom is crying, Jeff's mom is crying, and we are all praying everything will be OK. Then the nurse walks in and tells us she is doing better and that she is going to stay. She stays in the nursery the rest of that day and night. By the next afternoon she is just fine and able to be with me.




4 comments:
I'm glad you wrote that all down, i know you told it all to me before. but i enjoy a good baby story. Cute , sweet lyds! I'm just so glad i got to hold her at such a tiny age.
Good recap Kirst. Good to have for journaling purposes!
I was just writing my own recap then I remembered Mandy had done a great one so low and behold when I went to your blog to go to hers you had posted as well. They are all great so I may have to copy them to my scrapbook page of Lydia.
I am so glad that she is here...I seriously enjoyed holding her so much at Lava...Prob because she is yours...ha! She is so sweet and adorable!
Post a Comment